There exists TWO vacancies for a Town Councillor on Stapleford Town Council in the Stapleford South West Ward. The Town Council is considering filling the vacancies by co-option and we are inviting applications from members of the community. To be eligible for co-option, you must:
- Be of at least 18 years of age
- Be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union
- Not hold any paid office within the Town Council
- Not be subject to a bankruptcy order
- Not have been convicted of any criminal offence during the last five years resulting in imprisonment for more than three months
- Meet at least one of the following four criteria:
- Be registered as an elector in the Parish of Stapleford
- Reside in the Parish of Stapleford, or within three miles of the border of the Parish, and have done so for the entire 12 months preceding the date of this notice.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the Stapleford Parish area during the whole of the 12 months prior to the date of this notice.
- Your main or only place of work during the whole of the 12 months prior to the date of this notice has been in the Stapleford Parish area.
Local knowledge and/or experience/skills in areas of relevance to the Council’s activities would be useful in this role, but not essential. Subject to meeting the legal requirements above, the vacancy is open to all Parish Electors.
Expressions of interest should be made in writing, using the application form provided, to the Town Clerk, no later than 10 working days following the date of this notice. For more information, please contact the Town Council directly.
Co-option will take place on Friday, 5 March 2021 and you must be available to present yourself to Councillors at this meeting.
Date of notice: Thursday 11 February 2021 Deadline: Thursday 25 February 2021
Stapleford Town Council, Carnegie Civic and Community Centre, Warren Avenue, Stapleford, Nottinghamshire, NG9 8EY
Email: email@example.com Tel: (0115) 9391818